Happy Tuesday! It’s not a Monday!
Now you can take a breath, how about a quick grilled yummy for Dinner? Stop by QuickFill Propane to refill your Propane gas tank for only $11.92! What a bargain! Refill is always less expensive than exchange.
Tuesday nights Dinner is Citrus Grilled Shrimp Salad.
Marinating shrimp in a pre-made salad dressing is an easy way to a quick and healthy dinner. This bright salad is the perfect weeknight dinner and will be on the table in just 20 minutes.
- 24 medium or large size peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3/4 Cups citrus salad dressing, preferably Newman’s Own Citrus Splash Dressing, divided
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), trimmed and grated
- 8 Cups mixed baby or spring greens
- 1/4 Cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup toasted pignoli nuts
- Basil sprigs, for garnish
Place shrimp in re-sealable food storage bag.
Add 1/4 cup citrus dressing; seal and turn several times to coat shrimp. Let marinate 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add cherry tomatoes, cut side down and cook 2 minutes. Turn and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened and charred.
Spray grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
Remove shrimp from marinade and cook in batches, if necessary, 3– 4 minutes or until opaque, turning once.
In large mixing bowl combine cherry tomatoes, zucchini, greens, basil leaves and remaining ½ cup citrus salad dressing. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Evenly divide salad mixture among each of 4 serving bowls. Top each bowl with 6 shrimp. Sprinkle each bowl with pignoli nuts and garnish, if desired, with basil sprig.