Have you visited Quick Fill Propane to refill your propane gas grill tank? Refill your tank to 20lbs. for $11.92. It is always cheaper to refill than exchange. Don’t Run Out Of Gas!
How about poultry? Flattened Chicken and Grilled Romaine with Parsley-Lemon Sauce This grilled chicken deserves a spot in your weekly dinner rotation this spring.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 55 mins
1 (2 1/2- to 30-pound) chicken, backbone removed and chicken flattened
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1 oz. Parmesan, grated (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 c. toasted hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
1 tsp. lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- Preheat grill to medium-high set up for direct and indirect grilling.
- Loosen skin of chicken and spread garlic underneath. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, breast-side down, covered, until golden-brown and charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and grill over indirect heat, covered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Parmesan, parsley, hazelnuts, lemon zest and juice, and 3 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush romaine with remaining tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, over direct heat, turning once, until charred and wilted, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and romaine topped with the parsley-lemon sauce.