Happy Hump-Day! Midway through the week: a few rough days make any positivity and progress all the better.
Don’t forget to refill your Propane gas tank to 20 lbs. for $11.92. We are at 620 W Coliseum, Fort Wayne, In 46808.
Todays easy Mid-Week grillable is a scrumptious vegan dish: Portobello Sliders with Pepita Pesto.
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small portobello mushrooms
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Tamari, for drizzling
- 8 slider buns, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup microgreens or lettuce of your choice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the pesto by combining the pepitas, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, cumin, salt, honey (or maple) in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until smooth. For a smoother pesto, you could add more olive oil, but I prefer a thicker consistency for these sliders.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems and cleaning the caps with a damp cloth or paper towel. Place the mushrooms in a rimmed plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tamari, and pepper. Use your hands to help coat the mushrooms on both sides.
- Place the mushrooms, gill side down onto the grill pan. Cook about 10 minutes per side, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Place the mushrooms on the toasted buns and top each with a tomato slice, microgreens, and a generous slather of Pepita Pesto.