Since you will be grilling with our best propane, you may decide to grill veggies before the grill gets busy. Make sure to stock up on our best propane: refill your propane gas tank to 20 lbs. for $11.92!
Refill is always less expensive than exchange! Don’t Run Out Of Gas!
What to grill for tonight? Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables Afraid you’ll be short on grill space during the dinner rush? Cook this satisfying mix of zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, and scallions up to four hours in advance and serve at room temperature.
- 2 cups couscous
- 6 zucchini and/or yellow squash (about 2 1⁄2 pounds total), sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes (preferably on the vine)
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Spiced Chili Oil or store-bought harissa (North African chili sauce, found in the international aisle)
How to Make It
Prepare the couscous according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash, eggplant, tomatoes, and scallions with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
Working in batches if necessary, grill the vegetables, covered, turning occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes for the eggplant and squash and 1 to 2 minutes for the tomatoes and scallions. Serve with the couscous and Spiced Chili Oil, for drizzling.